Nuffnang Ad

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pu Tien Restaurant

(Late post)

This post was meant for..... 2 weeks back. It's okay, as long as my blog is still alive! I know people are envying me for not having work tomorrow & wednesday. BUT I'm even more envious of my internee batch who has already completed their internship period today... I'm still left with 5 weeks.

Relative dinner @ Vivocity's new outlet, Pu Tien on a jam-packed Satur-night. 


Wore the brown dress that WL & YY bought for my bday present! Am loving it! (no OOTD picture) Just match it with a cardigan/blazer and you're good to go! Anyway my relatives commented that I dress like an office lady...

Chiu ready for foodgasm? :P

Appetizers: 
Drunken Cockles (S$5.90)
The cockles are topped with generous sprinkle of fresh garlic and chillies doused in wine-marinade
Pork Belly with Garlic (S$7.90)

Cold Jelly Fish in XO Sauce (S$7.90)

 Cold Pig's Trotters Jelly (S$7.90)

 Braised Pig Intestine (S$10.90)
Meticulously handmade "nine-fold" intestine braised to perfection in a traditional sauce

Bamboo Herbal Prawn (S$4.90)
Sweetness of live prawns, with light fragrance of nourishing chinese herbs (angelica root and chinese wolfberries infused in chinese wine). Chinese wolfberries replenish vital essence in the body & helps to improve vision

Main Courses:
Spinach with Salted Egg & Century Egg in Supreme Stock (S$18.90)
The soft tender chinese spinach is first stir-fried, high heat for flavour, then strewed in rich supreme-stock mix of century egg and salted egg to give it a burst of flavour

 Braised Claypot Sea Cucumber with Chestnut (S$53.90)
The key ingredient here is sliced sea cucumber that is simmered to softness, together with broccoli, mushroom, roast pork & chestnut; it is covered with stock and cooked on low heat

 Homemade Beancurd (S$13.90)
Silky smooth egg beancurd is freshly made daily. An ideal choice for a healthy protein-rich meal, it is stir-fried together with mushroom, carrot and sugar snap peas

 Steamed Live Soon Hock 
(S$8.90/100g)

 Deep Fried Chicken with Garlic (S$26.90)

Fried Heng Hwa Bee Hoon (S$15.90)
Heng Hwa Bee Hoon is made from old rice milled by hand in Pu Tien. The bee hoon is translucent, silky, fine, chewy but not brittle. The flavour of the bee hoon comes from the rich, milky stock of pork bones and old hens cooked for hours at heat. Infused with 10 sumptuous ingredients, this dish is one of our crowd favourites

Happy us with Happy food! :)

Dessert:

Thank you 2nd Uncle for such a mouthwatering dinner! I love the Bamboo Herbal Prawn, Homemade Beancurd the most! 

The soup of the Herbal Prawn was excellent! Honestly I ain't a fan of chinese herbs but this soup is worth recommending. I love their Homemade Beancurd sauce. Many thumbs up (Y) ! However, I still feel the Soup Restaurant's beancurd is better compared to Pu Tien's. Nothing is perfect in this world. Their sauce is superb while the ultimate Beancurd still belongs to Soup Restaurant~

Had Ben&Jerry's ice cream aftermath! I didn't eat much throughout the dinner actually. These dishes aren't my type. I only had the Prawn, Beancurd, Soon hock and Pork Belly with Garlic. My hands were kinda itchy for MJ, so 3rd Aunt came to my house for simple MJ session! Sibei shiok! Any MJ kakis? Play-for-fun kind. At most bet 10 cents only :P

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment