Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lola's cafe


After all the ravings on Lola's cafe crispy wings, JY brought me for their starters!!! Pictures definitely can't describe my excitement and I looked extremely forward to this date although we had to meet at Kovan mrt.

Just a brief description of the cafe, it is situated near Kovan MRT. 

Lola's cafe
5 Simon Road 
Singapore 545893
6248 0349

*They are closed for renovation until 9 March 2015

The counter

Coincidentally, the lady on the right (ZH) was the baker whom I have engaged for my 21st birthday brownies and mini cupcakes! I decided not to say Hi to her as I couldn't 100% confirm that she is that baker. haha. After JY posted our photos on his instagram tagging Lola's cafe, she commented on our photo saying that she suspected me as her customer just that she's not too sure as well.

FATE works wonders!

The interior seating arrangement

Frankly speaking, the cafe is quite cramped so I strongly recommend not to enter in huge groups unless you made a reservation or something.


As we headed to the cafe between 3pm-6pm, there wasn't any brunch or dinner Menu so we could only order their starters. Their brunch is available from 10am-3pm and dinner from 6pm-10pm. Their Menu can be found here. (credits to their website!)

I'm so in love with their crispy wings and truffle fries!

Honey Paprika Crispy Wings @ $10
Wings, Honey, Spices

Truffle Fries @ $12
Fries, Truffle oil, Grated Parmesan 
Chocolate Nutella Tart @ $7
Chocolate Ganache, Nutella, Oreo cookie base

These 3 are my top favourite starters/desserts! 

1. Honey crispy wings
In comparison to my previous review on Working Title, Lola's cafe wings are undeniably better than the CP Honey wings. The skin is extremely crispy, drizzled with honey paprika. The meat is absolutely fresh and tender. I have fallen in love with their crispy skin.

2. Truffle Fries
Enough said, truffle fries wins hands down compared to typical cheese fries. Also, truffle oil contains olive oil or grapeseed oil base. Talk about the healthier choice! Between nacho cheese and olive oil, truffle fries are preferred. What amazes me is that their fries did not turn soggy after chatting over ice water and my nutella tart. The fries are still crispy and I will always dip into my favourite tomato sauce. Yummy!

3. Chocolate Nutella Tart

Look at this glorious combination of Chocolate, Nutella and Oreo cookie. This is the cake which I will die for, I mean it. I really salute the owner of the cafe for implementing this 3 combi and these happen to be my preferred flavours. JY could testify for me as I'll always choose among Nutella, Oreo and chocolate for ice-cream flavours.

I LOVE YOU LOLA CAFE! HAHAHA. You have my heart for the Nutella tart. I'm being biased here but... I LOVE THE TART AND THE CRISPY WINGS THE MOST. Gonna pester JY for more dates like this.

Anyway, Ice edge cafe is somewhere nearby as well but I'm too satisfied with their tart. No more dessert for my tummy! You can conveniently take the purple MRT line down to Dhoby Ghaut after cafehopping! 

Let's go again, shall we? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment