Nuffnang Ad

Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 1 of Day 8 in SG + Seoul: (Accommodation) Hotel Hu, Airbnb

As some of you might notice, I had a wonderful trip with my family excluding my sister and Luke to the land of plastic(kidding) cosmetics, Seoul, Korea! Basically, my brother planned this trip last year and I was looking extremely forward to this! Why is that so?

1. We are flying with SQ
2. My first time experience to a country with 4 different seasons - Spring!
3. First Airbnb experience
4. Finally stepped into another country apart from Thailand (I've only been to BKK & Phuket via plane)

I believe that you are able to sense my excitement upon reading the 4 points above ^^

**Disclaimer: I'm sharing my Seoul itinerary here, but I have to let you know that our itinerary is VERY relaxed and not packed due to my parent's health condition**

Had a quick bite at Poulet for lunch before boarding our plane!

Again, this is my first time departing at T3 as I used to take budget airlines instead

Thank you brother! Saranghae <3 Although I know that you won't be reading this...

And to my (somewhat) surprise...
JY appeared right infront of me whilst having lunch at Poulet! 

He is so cunning, he lied to me saying that he will only book out in the evening. However, being the alert and full of sixth sense girlfriend, I managed to predict that he was T3. Because you were too kan chiong spider that is why you can't deceive me :)

Anyway thanks for coming all the way from your camp just to provide a farewell hug. I appreciate it a lot.


JY: Did you bring mentos along?
M: No leh, why?
JY: I just saw a mentos on your ear.
M: ..........

SERIOUSLY. HAHA MY HUMOUROUS BOYFRIEND AS ALWAYS.

 +82 bound!

 Indulging in SQ complimentary services on board: Movies with disposable earpiece, pillow, blanklet and apple juice served.

Remote control for my utmost comfort including the service call

Airline Meal + magnum ice-cream

The flight took about 6 hours? We landed in Incheon International Airport at approximately 2230. We rushed to the nearest convenience store to purchase the prepaid card by following the instructions here. The activation of the SIM card is quite tedious and I almost flip the table.

 So (not) ready to brave the intense weather

Yes, our flight schedule sucks so we decided to stay at the Airport hotel for our 1st night before travelling down to Seoul's apartment - booked via Airbnb :)

The moment of truth when we headed to our destination, Exit 12 for the free shuttle bus to Hotel Hu Incheon Airport... dang the weather was definitely colder than what I experienced at Genting Highlands! FYI, this is my second time travelling overseas to experience the cold weather i.e. <15°C

Family triple room (1 Queen-sized and 2 super single beds) for 150,000won
They provide Bed warmers and the senseless me played around with the warmer switch. The moment we came back from our supper... omg my bed was "burning"!

As the flight meal was served too early like 5pm, we were famished and resorted to supper...

 Pork cutlet is everywhere in Korea!

 Rooms for improvement: MORE Glass noodles please!

Everything tasted good, only some restaurants are heavenly and worth the price.

I didn't manage to eat much for supper as my body requires some time for adaption to the drastic change in weather compared to Singapore. I was sneezing away throughout, that's why I got pretty glad that I played with the bed warmer switch or else I won't be able to have ample rest for that night.

Tried their highly raved Banana Milk from the convenience store and I think it cost about 1,700won
EXPENSIVE EH, but for the sake of satisfying my Banana craving... ;)


We checked out early in the morning instead of slacking at Hotel Hu to save our precious time there!

 I miss their weather terribly! :(

Took the same shuttle bus back to Incheon Airport and had a quick bite at Paris Baguette.
For your information, PB is located EVERYWHERE in Korea. the prices are not as pricey as Singapore but it is not cheap either.

Last shot whilst making our way to the KTX (Airport Express which travels non-stop to Seoul station)

Alighted at Seoul Station, headed towards Exit 4 to meet our Airbnb host, Tang :) Took a cab to our apartment which is situated between Seoul and Chungjeongno station.

We absolutely love the apartment!!! Visual Tour:

Right at the doorstep

Left: Luggage room

1 bedroom :) I love the view! We were able to spot Namsan tower at the left side!

Living room with 1 queen-sized bed

 Armrest chair (more like a chair for us to dump our clothes lol)

 Sofa bed for us to dump our bags~

Dining area

 Enormous clock for us to keep track of time!

 Shower facilities with Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel provided :)
Look at the amount of toiletries + my makeup products for this trip! Spam moisturizer!

The view from the living room bed! 
I really miss their cold weather and the morning glimpse man.

Family shot :)

For those who are interested in this apartment, please click here for more details! As the host, Kevin, wasn't in Seoul during our vacation period, he kindly appointed his friend, Tang to host our stay here. She is very bubbly and proficient in English, and we really appreciate her help for translating directions to the cab uncle as well as ordering our favourite supper - KyoChon chicken ^^

Till the next post, see you guys!

9 comments:

  1. thank u for sharing this Seoul trip.. as im travelling with a toddler and an elderly mum,I actually find ur post more informative than other blogs.. gd job & thumb up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliment! :) I understand how frustrating it is to search for overseas itinerary review yet the writer doesn't provide ample information... Hence I tried to be as detailed as possible. Have an awesome weekend ahead :)

      Delete
  2. hi .....i love your sharing on Seoul trip...very detail...however i could not find theon d sharing on day 6, 7 and 8. can u help me please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for your compliment :) Do you still need the url for my Day 7 and 8 since I saw your comment on my day 6?

      Delete
  3. thanks for yr reply. i got it for the rest of the days' tour. i am going with my parents in sept this year. found yr itinery really suit our trip. you save my days of planning. thumb up to u and yr brother....

    would really appreciate if you could kindly share with me on the Myeongdong market. are the stuff there like travelling bag and cosmetic worth buying? I heard a lot of chinese retailers there too and we need to use our bargaining skill. from your experience, how far can we go? lower by 30% or 50%. hope to hear from you soon....TQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travelling bag as in... luggage? :) All I could remember from Myeongdong is filled with cosmetics and skincare. Cosmetics definitely yes but I heard different areas have different discount so you might have to check it out beforehand. Also, it would be better if you could list down the items that you wish to buy there, check for their pricing in Singapore (if possible) and you will be able to decide if the item is worth buying.

      Yes, most of the salesperson are Chinese and they will quote a higher price at the first stage. Based on my experience, I didn't go lower by 50% because they won't even entertain you. For instance, the retailers quote 30,000won but I asked for 25,000won. It depends on individuals but if you purchase more from the same retailer, the more he is willing to give you discount.

      FYI - you won't be able to bargain for skincare and cosmetics but you can request for more samples.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. HI

    may I know how much is their 3G card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, honestly speaking I've forgotten about the exact pricing but there are several 3G sim card for you to choose from. If my memory didn't fail me, I chose the 15,000won for 1 week's usage.

      Hope the above clarifies!

      Delete