Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 7 & 8 of 8 in Seoul: Hongdae Street, Namsan Tower

Typical Street-style in Korea

Oh no, this is the last post of my Seoul trip and I'm still missing every bits and pieces of Korea terribly! Especially my Lotte World. If I were given a chance to visit the amusement park again, I'll definitely YOLO and try the Gyro Drop!

Directions: Hongik University Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 9.

Le Dad who took care of me so much although he can be naggy at times haha

Apparently my parents didn't like the idea of shopping at Hongdae because the stalls are catered towards teenagers rather than working adults. Fret not, please do not give Hongdae Street a miss because there are awesome food stalls, I heard that some stalls are even managed by the Hongik University students! You can expect friendlier price tags as compared to the tourist attraction spots... 

Personally, I prefer Hongdae to Sinchon. The more i recall about Hongdae, the more I feel that Sinchon is a waste of time leh lol.

Anyhow, we visited Trick Eye Museum (yes I know I have been to Singapore's Trick Eye Museum and Alive Museum) situated in Hongdae street! This is considered as the first time for my parents so they got too excited snapping pictures away. I'm not gonna post all but just these 2:

*Brand new year 2015 - HUAT AH* HAHAHA

Look at her actions... For those who know my mum, it is very rare for her to make different poses one hor

I love you Mum!

Anyway we paid around 12,000won per pax after discount? Please visit Korea Tourism Organisation website as there are quite a number of promotion/voucher for you to flash upon purchasing! Free online voucher for grabs, why not? 

Each Trick Eye Museum ticket entitles you to enter their Ice Museum


Honestly speaking, their Ice Museum was dull. It is more of like a gallery rather than a Museum - it is cramped, extremely cold and there is nothing much to see. That 2 degree Ice art exhibition held in Singapore is way better than here. Although the entrance is complimentary (Please... I can't comprehend if they ever charge an admission fee for this tiny gallery), please do not even step in as it is undoubtedly a waste of your time.

Cheese Chicken (Garlic Soy flavour) omg I need this snack right now! So hungry :( 


Shared this Yogurt snack with a slight twist along the streets of Hongdae. Seriously you can never go wrong with Korea's street food. You don't even need to be hesitant whilst purchasing their food. 

The very next day which kind of sums up our Korea trip... We visited Namsan Tower aka N Seoul Tower.



Directions: Upon getting off at Myeong-dong station (Seoul Subway Line 4), walk about 15minutes to reach the street laying next to Pacific Hotel. The boarding place should be seen

Yes, the directions can be found at KTO website as well but it was so confusing! As usual, we took a cab from our apartment to the Cable Car boarding place directly haha. We didn't have to worry if the taxi uncle doesn't understand our destination - Namsan tower is 1 of the top tourist popular spot! Just show them the picture of Namsan Tower and they'll know without showing the Korean address.

 Mandatory tourist shot number 1

 Ticketing office

 8,500won for 1 pax (Round trip)


Whilst waiting for the cable car to arrive~

 Selfie in the cable car! Look at my fearful face, forcing a smile haha

& finally! Some people (behind us) chose to climb up the mountain just to reach the tower... *salute*

Everything looks so appealing right here at Namsan Tower! Love locks, scenery, the wind and whatnot. It's a definitely must-visit spot in Korea! I understand that coming to Namsan Tower at night is much more romantic due to the visible colourful lights. Hmm we would need to start packing from evening onwards as we had to catch an early morning flight, but arriving at the tower in the morning-afternoon wasn't that bad as well :)

 Love locking area!


 Bought this lock at 6,000won!

"JY, I'm locking our love together at Namsan Tower. You have nowhere to exit this game! ^^"

 Who's that Hallyu Seoul? Make a guess~

Yes... It's Doo Min-Joon 

& we took the weirdest lift ride (it's not a roller coaster) ever and walked to Myeong Dong

That kinda sums up my Korea trip with my family! If you have been following my blog posts until here, thank you so much for your support and I hope you'll find that joy and excitement when travelling to Korea! I feel that I have so much more to explore around i.e. Everland, Busan Island, Nami Island... I'll definitely head back to Seoul again when I'm rich! For now, back to school first :(

Day 1 of 8 in Seoul: here
Day 2 of 8 in Seoul: here
Day 3 of 8 in Seoul: here
Day 4 of 8 in Seoul: here
Day 5 of 8 in Seoul: here
Day 6 of 8 in Seoul: here

No comments:

Post a Comment