Nuffnang Ad

Monday, March 20, 2017

Day 1 & 2 of 8 in Taiwan: THSR Taoyuan station, Taichung, Cingjing Farm & Fengjia Night Market

Finally I'm ready to share my taiwan itinerary on my blog after a short hiatus.

Here's another travel itinerary with JY after the Hong Kong trip. This time round, we chose Cathay Pacific as there was an on-going promotion - $378nett per pax with a short transit at Hong Kong international airport. Yep I understand we could have gotten a cheaper rate with any budget airline (with direct flight) but I need that spacious leg space for more than 2 hours flight. I didn't regret flying with Cathay Pacific as I LOVE their food, leg space and although their entertainment is not as great as SQ, I feel that $378/pax is truly worth every single penny.

First thing to do whenever we reach a foreign country airport is to collect our SIM card/ Wifi router! I can't live without any electronic device so here goes...

We purchased the taiwan SIM card from Klook @ $14 for 10 days unlimited data usage. I would definitely make good use of Klook whenever I have to travel as their customer service is top-notch and they are extremely efficient! I'll explain more later.

Basically, Klook is a one-stop website/mobile app to provide suggestions if you don't know how to start with your itinerary. Purchase all tickets from there (most of them are instant deals) and you'll get a rebate for your next purchase! Do sign up with klook by using my referral code to get S$4.50 off your very first purchase: https://www.klook.com/invite/9EO59 

**************************************************************

We landed in Taoyuan Airport Terminal 1. Once you exit the arrival gate, walk all the way to the right. The counter 3 is tucked at the right-hand corner. Do remember to provide an alternative ID apart from your passport for verification i.e. NRIC/driving license


As we got to head straight to Taichung from Taoyuan (Taoyuan is not part of Taipei, I used to have this mindset), just follow the signage and you should proceed to the bus terminal at basement.


You're at the right location if you manage to see the signage to bus parking bay as well as the ticket counter.


As we need to reach THSR station, we bought our bus ticket from Ubus for NT$30/pax. I'm sorry as I don't remember the bus number. Just inform the officer that you are heading to THSR Taoyuan station. 

Yes, the transportation in Taiwan is quite tedious to comprehend as the THSR Taoyuan station is not located within the Taoyuan airport. The journey took about.... 10-15 minutes with no traffic jam.

Waiting patiently for our bus to arrive. I miss TW's weather so much :(

Once you reach THSR Taoyuan station, I've gotta exchange my online reservation for the physical train ticket. As Klook only offers THSR service from Taipei to Taichung, I had to book my train tickets from kkday.com for about 20SGD/pax. 

Yes, initially I thought Taoyuan is located within Taipei and I bought my THSR tickets happily from Klook not until my colleague informed me that Taoyuan is different from Taipei! I had to call the Klook customer service in Hongkong, asking for a partial refund and I prayed so hard that everything will go according to my plans as I'm not sure if kkday will accept my last minute booking.

Fortunately, Klook has refunded the partial amount in less than a week and kkday accepted my urgent request right before my departure date. THANK GOD! This is also the reason why I would definitely recommend Klook to you guys as they truly deliver what they promises. They answer your queries and act within the stipulated period given to customers.

There was a long queue for the THSR tickets and I thought we would need to join the queue as well. PHEW it really helps when you purchase your tickets in advance. Otherwise, we would miss the train and gotta delay our arrival at Taichung. For those with online purchase, please queue at counter 6 as shown:


We were given a pink booklet to serve as our admission ticket. Just approach the counter staff at the gantry and they will chop your booklet!


As Taichung is located below Taoyuan, you gotta take the train at Platform 1 - Southbound to Zuoying. We took the non-reserved seat at a cheaper rate so we had to stand at a corner from Taoyuan to THSR Taichung station. The journey took about 40 minutes and we were deadbeat by then...

Finally we reached THSR Taichung station. The station is quite huge and we had to find the signage that brings us to the bus interchange. For your information, we stayed at Fengchia night market area so we had to take the THSR shuttle bus 160 - free of charge if you're a THSR rider.


The distance between the Taichung station to Feng Chia university is quite far as I fell asleep on the bus... Journey took about 45 minutes as it was during the peak hour and the traffic jam was inevitable.

Nevertheless, we managed to reach our apartment by 7.30pm and had a great chat with the airbnb host (THANK YOU!!!). I'm loving the location as the fengchia night market is located right outside our apartment. Here are some pictures of the lovely bedroom:




I will definitely choose this apartment if I were to visit Fengchia night market again! :)

Spent the rest of our night at Fengchia night market and we fell in love with all the foods and entertainment and even shopping! Yes we bought Koi almost everyday lolol fat life loves us.
I'll share more pictures of fengchia night market later.

Initially, I planned to take the public transport from Taichung station to Cingjing farm which is quite a hassle as we had to change buses... However, the airbnb host has a friend who is willing to fetch tourists to places of interest and we decided to go ahead with the transport package @ NT$888/pax for 2-way journey to Cingjing and back to our apartment. Yes it is quite expensive if you wanna compare with the public transport available... Still, I'm not really confident with Taichung's public transport as it can be quite confusing at times and I didn't regret engaging the taxi driver as he is a very nice guy!

JY found this breakfast pop-up store smacked right below our apartment and OMG I can't help but to buy 2 servings ALL TO MYSELF!!!!! I chose the pork floss/mushroom and cheese and it was so damn delicious. (I definitely choose cheese but I couldn't remember if I had mushroom or pork floss. I just had to eat this every morning so I lost track of my orders...)

If you're a fan of roti prata/ eggs/ KFC breakfast twister/ MacDonald's sunrise roll, YOU CANNOT MISS TAIWAN'S DAN BING!



Just shut up and take my money. omg.


Ok I think JY chose mushroom while I had pork floss. The above picture was taken on Day 3. HAHAHA I JUST HAD TO SHOW OFF MY FAVOURITE BREAKFAST IN TAIWAN. Why can't I find this in Singapore :'(


On our way to Cingjing farm! It was so comfortable as we could take a nap and even charge our electronic device as shown above... The friendly driver even brought us to some tourist attraction at no additional surcharge. No, he isn't obliged to make a stop there as we didn't purchase ANYTHING and he is cool with it.


I have no recollection of this tourist attraction. It is located in Puli, Nantou.



LOOK AT HOW BLESSED I AM TO ENJOY MY DAN BING HERE. Thank you for the recommendation JY <3

"I'm soooooo satisfied with my yummy breakfast!"

Thanks for feeding me without fail, thanks for choosing the #fatlife for me >:(

Next attraction: Free coffee available for all - Feeling 18!



First of all, I'm not a coffee lover but being a typical Singaporean, I just had to get 1 cup since it is free-of-charge. Here's my curious look before the drink test. 


Here's the cute rubbish bin and I THREW MY CUP OF COFFEE HERE as you can see...
The aroma of the coffee is great but I can't tank the aftermath taste. I couldn't add sugar as I would need to pay - *cough I prefer plain water to coffee in any way cough* so that's it. Totally not worth the hype just to be cheapo and get free coffee.

Next tourist attraction is Shangrila Music Villa right before we arrive at Cingjing farm. 

And we are here!!!!!!!!!

Oh before that we had our lunch at 7-11 & i must say I had 2 tea leaf egg daily haha. I didn't touch the egg yolk though...



Now I finally understood why my friends raved about their 7-11 mini mart! TOO MANY GOOD FOOD TO RESIST.

Getting our return chop!



I'm in awe of the magnificent view @ Cingjing farm! 

Feedstuff for sheep in Cingjing


HAHAHA I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT HIS FACE

Sheep: I want my food

JY: Faster, your turn to feed now!!!! 
(As I'm afraid of feeding them... I can't get close to them HAHA)

The nearest I can get...

& like that...

Or this...
I poured their food at the seating area & ran away HAHA

OK NO MORE!

Overall this is definitely worth the hype and please do not miss out on Cingjing farm even if you're afraid of animals like me. This is one of the most memorable places during my Taiwan trip.
We left Fengchia university @ 9.30am and only came back @ 5.30pm. Be prepared to spend the entire day at Nantou area...

Next up, we wanted to visit Yizhong street night market but I got too lazy to find our own way there... Hence, another night at Fengchia night market begins!
I'll not elaborate further and let pictures do the talking...




Please don't buy the pathetic 6 prawns from this shop... NOTHING FANCIFUL AND IT COST NT$50 leh!


I'd rather spend NT$20 just to get my 6 quail eggs man.

Devil's fried chicken

 Korean Cheese chicken cubes. YUMMY!

YOU CANNOT MISS THEIR OYSTER MUSHROOM. I had 2 servings as well haha
A must try!!!!

 No comments for beef cubes as I don't consume beef...

Fengchia's potato cheese is a major disappointment.
The one sold at Shilin night market is way better!!!

Look at my tamchiak face again :P

We had our Dan Bing as breakfast the next day (what's new...) & head our way to Taipei. I regretted that we only stayed in Taichung for 3D2N. I will definitely come back to Taichung again, wait for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment