Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Day 5 of 8 in Taiwan: Fisherman's wharf, Daan Park (Youbike), Zhe Yi Guo, Shi-da Night market


One of my favourite destinations in Taiwan will definitely be Fisherman's wharf as they have the iconic Lover's bridge (see image above) and wonderful sunlight to spam pictures!

Simply take the red line train to Tamsui station (terminating station) and catch a ferry to Fisherman's wharf. The pier is along Daan Park located right behind the train station. A round-trip cost about 100NTD? I couldn't remember the exact amount though 😅


And we're here after the 5-minute ferry ride!

I feel that this is similar to a mini island situated right at the corner of Tamsui area. It is possible to reach here by foot or bus! However, I would strongly suggest to take their ferry just for the experience and taiwan's sea breeze :)


HAHAHA the breeze was insane. Try to avoid wearing skirt if you're making a trip there or else good luck...



I love all the pictures we took @ the lover's bridge - no filter required and all thanks to the selfie stick 😆

Woo enjoying my chocolate ice cream whilst waiting for JY


I could still remember vividly how much we spent on the claw machine @ Rao He yesterday... It is the same Snorlax plush toy! I think we spent about 200NTD there :(

This time round we bought it from one of the stores at Fisherman's wharf for only 150NTD - equivalent to 7SGD only. Thank you JY for the plush toy 😍


I felt kind of cheated as there isn't any seafood fish market @ Fisherman's wharf as there's only a restaurant at the second level... Nothing much here so I guess you'll only need about an hour here before you head back to Daan Park.

Tamsui Old street is around the corner too so do remember to find it! We rented Youbike @ Daan Park for free (first 30 minutes only I think)! You can't miss the youbike station for sure as there are too many yellow bikes around. However, you have to create an account with them onsite first then use your Easycard to release the bike. Do visit their website for more information!

I always make it a point to visit an extravagant restaurant everytime we travel to other countries. We visited Yung Kee back at Hongkong and regretted so much because 3 dishes already cost us 120SGD accompanied with free flow chinese tea. I did some research online and came across a restaurant called "Zhe Yi Guo" near Xingtian Temple station.

Here's the address: 
No. 190, Jilin Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 104


Head towards the Exit 1 and walk straight!

It would be quite impossible for you to miss it...


Entrance to the atas restaurant - they would ask you to leave after 1.5hours due to the free flow soup lololol


We chose the 2 pax menu for 1200NTD (they have a la carte menu as well)



Their dumplings, chicken and fish balls are of highest quality but I am not a huge fan of steamboat...
Complimentary drink and it has a weird aftermath taste... I wouldn't recommend this at all


2 pax value meal consists of their dessert as shown above and I guess I don't know how to appreciate taiwan's dessert...??? It was too awful for me as it is the same as Chinese Almond dessert. I HATE ALMOND!


They have bobby pins, pads, cotton buds, comb, mouthwash etc in their washroom! 😲 Although we spend ~60SGD for 2 pax and left the restaurant with our unsatisfied stomach, their top-notch service and awesome washroom is worth it lah... I mean if we were to compare with Hongkong's Yungkee, I think Zhe Yi Guo is way better... 

I wouldn't make a trip here again as I would definitely prefer taiwan's street food. 

Next up, we went to Shi-da night market by alighting at Taipower Building station.

Grabbed the above map from google.
Credits to the respective owner 🙏


This is the only picture I took at the night market. I didn't have much recollection of it so I guess it would be ok for you to give this a miss. However, there are tons of street food around so please don't indulge in other unnecessary food before visiting any night market in Taiwan!

I bought my Khaki green skirt here for 450NTD and I'm loving the material. Oh man I miss those carefree days 😞

Day 1 & 2 in Taichung click here
Day 3 & 4 in Taipei click here

No comments:

Post a Comment