Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 2 of 8 in Seoul: GyeongBokGung & ToSokCheon SamGyeTang

Woke up till the sunlight shines on my butt. One word - AWESOME.

By having a relax itinerary, we left the apartment after 11am as most of the restaurants/cafe are still not open for business. Mummy's friend said that Koreans love to prepare their own breakfast. Hmmm

There were quite a number of restaurants beneath our serviced apartment. My family totally enjoyed the Japanese restaurant (Yes, my parents and I aren't a fan of Korean cuisine) throughout our stay.

Name of the Japanese restaurant

Ramen @ approx 7,700won

Pork Cutlet with stir-fried vegetables (similar to chinese style)

Pork Cutlet set

Words can't describe my love for their Chashu, daebak! It is damn juicy and tender, with the appropriate amount of fats.

First destination for that day: GyeongBokGung. Travelling from Chungjeongno was relatively near to GyeongBokGung station. Simply alight at GyeongBokGung station, Exit 5.

 They even sell food/drinks at the platform, yet the place is still tidy. (Y)

 Waiting for the train


They will play short melody to inform you that the train is approaching! By the way, if you are travelling to Korea and lacking of itinerary tips, please visit their Korea Tourism Organization website. My itinerary wouldn't be perfect without all the detailed information stated on their website.

 FINALLY! Look at my excited face haha

 Blogging about my Seoul trip is indeed torturous as the images make me miss the trip even more... :(

Out admission tickets

You will definitely not miss out the ticketing counter smacked right beside the grand entrance. There are different types of ticket to specific areas (the palace is magnificent) so please check their closing time in order to select the appropriate tickets best catered to you and your travelling companion(s).

As we barely reached the palace at 4pm (the palace will be closing at 5.30pm), we chose the non-package ticket at 3,000won per pax.

& we are in!






 Plucking leaves from an unique-shaped tree

Taking #ootd shots at my best 

and....
 My dad tried to mimick my pose with his added twerk style -_-

Every single aspect of the palace is tranquil and this place is undoubtedly one of the popular tourist attractions. 

Our next activity was to dine at ToSokCheon SamGyeTang, a restaurant well-known for their ginseng chicken.

Directions: Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 2. Go straight about 170m and turn left onto Jahamun-ro 5-gil Road. Tosokchon (토속촌) is located 10m ahead on the left.

My first time to walk around those Korea streets as shown in dramas!


Once you get off at Exit 2, you will be welcomed with their local street area. Just walk straight (we depended on GPS for this) and make a left turn upon spotting Jahamun-ro 5-gil Road sign.

Time for satisfy our tummies!

 View from the inner street

 ToSokCheon SamGyeTang is located right opposite this cafe

Image taken at their entrance

I'm so glad that I made the proper choice to share 1 ginseng chicken with mum

The chicken meat is tender and delicious when dipped in the salt provided, reason being that the meat has not much flavour, bland in a sense. Never have I felt this healthful on that day... Unfortunately, both my mum and I didn't enjoy this meal at all as the smell of the ginseng was too strong for us to handle. Worth the experience though.

I was thrilled to begin my cosmetic hunting right after the traditional meal. Everything smells great, ambience is awesome and most importantly, their weather is da bomb!

Day 1 of 8 in SG + Seoul (Accommodation): here

No comments:

Post a Comment